This is a sandwich I practically lived off of when I lost my 65lbs so many, many moons ago. I need to review and revise the recipe a bit and re-calculate the WW points – it was about 3 points on their old program (2002/2003). I would often have this with a lower point vegetable soup.
Yummy Tuna Sammich Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp of ultra low fat mayo
- 1 tbsp of fat free cream cheese
- 1 can of flaked light tuna in water
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp chopped cranberries
- 1 tbsp chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
- roasted garlic
- 2 pieces of Sourdough Light Rye
How to make a Yummy Tuna Sammich:
- Drain and flake the tuna in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the mayo, green onion, cranberries, pecans, fresh parsley, salt and pepper and mix up to a creamy texture.
- Toast the two slices of sourdough rye bread.
- Spread the roasted garlic on one slice of toast and the cream cheese on the other.
- Add the tuna mixture, fixins and enjoy!
To make this a lower point sandwich, omit the sunflower seeds, pecans and cranberries – these I started adding afterwards and were not part of the original 3 point sandwich I woudl make when I was losing weight.
Usually adding more fresh vegetables to a recipe does not add many calories and helps to fill you up and adds a nutritious punch.