My goal weight has been 165lbs for quite some time now. Knowing the physique of my body and how I felt when I was at 195lbs in 2005, I have had a goal weight of 165lbs in mind knowing I wanted to gain muscle and lose fat. I have always felt it to be a good goal weight to strive for and once I attain that goal, re-evaluate to see how I am feeling then.
As of July 20th, 2012: 39 weeks and 2 days to May 1, 2013.
This averages out to slightly over 1.5lbs per week I would have to lose to achieve my weight loss goal. I was trying to decide which would be more attainable: losing 1 or 2 pounds per week so 1.5lbs is perfect! I know with the version of the Weight Watchers program I will be using, you should average 2lbs per week weight loss.
Tools for Success:
- Food and Exercise Journal (online and day planner)
- Weight Watchers Program
- Scale with body fat percentage
- Holistic and Spiritual tools
- Positive Affirmations
- Free Weights and Weight Bench
- Exercise Bike
- Mountain Bike
- Good pair of shoes
- Weight Lifting
- Running Program (when I’m ready)
- Whole and/or Raw Foods
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetables
- Lean meat and seafood
- Healthy snacks (this is a big one)
- I am 165 pounds.
- I exercise daily.
- My body naturally sheds unneeded fat.
- My body is dissolving excess fat that it no longer needs.
- I only eat foods that are nutritious and health giving.
- I honor my body.
I need to flesh the above out a bit more but already this Goal meets the SMART criteria:
- Specific: clearly stated exactly what I want to do, by when and how
- Measurable: the scale will become my new best friend
- Accountable: between MyFitnessPal, this blog and friends
- Realistic: given the WW program I will follow
- Time-based: I have a date I would like to achieve this by
In addition to my goal meeting the SMART criteria, my Positive Affirmations are also stated in the present tense and are positive.
Do you have any weight loss goals? How do you plan on achieving them?
Edit: I have created a page for Weight Loss Tracking.