For the past few years, I have been awaiting surgery that I finally had on June 1st. Recovery has gone, I feel, incredibly well. I have been in no pain, the surgeon is liking what he has seen and I am thankful that the worst of my recovery has been from the post surgical vest I’ve had to wear and a pain I had in my right butt cheek that subsided after taking an ibuprophen pill a few days post op.
Over the past year, although it was not initially the plan, I have been undergoing a career change into a field I am very passionate about that falls under a lot of names: holistic medicine, vibrational medicine, energy medicine, eastern medicine. I believe the ease of my surgery recovery can be greatly attributed to the work I have done with my energy healer, on my own and with my classmates.
Now that it is 25 days since I had my surgery, I am hoping to start easing back into eating healthy, losing weight, finishing off a couple of my courses and starting off into my new career in the Fall. I have enough money to get me thru to November although I will start looking for a job as a barista in mid to late August to give my body the time it needs to fully recover from surgery. I know being a barista isn’t exactly what I’ve been training for over the past year but its a secure income and something I enjoy doing and look forward to getting back to until I can build up some clientele.
I have a few goals/tasks I want to complete over the Summer of 2012:
- Dream Board – been on to-do list for months now
- Eating Healthy – more raw, whole foods, new recipes, food from scratch
- Exercise – slowly but surely ramp up exercise as surgery recovery allows
- Practice, practice, practice with TFH and Crystal Healing
- Posting – I need to be writing a lot more and not just on this blog
- Crystal Healing Courses – complete assignments, exams to get certified
- Photography – I really need to get out with my dSLR more
- Update Resume, Cover Letter to start work in September
- Prepping for Touch for Health Proficiency (study, 5 TFH 2-4 balancings)
I have started today on eating healthier. I have had major sugar craving since surgery which I am assuming is my body trying to get quick and easy energy. My cravings have now had my partner heading out twice to buy me candy and other junk food which has made me feel gross every time I eat it. Normally I do eat pretty healthy but I do have my weaknesses. All the food I ate today got entered into my account on MyFitnessPal which will be the start of my healthy eating and exercising.
I have also written this blog post which will hopefully be the first of many to come over the next few months!